Argue and Associates Management Consultants, Inc. is a professional company that provides environmental, health and safety management consulting services to a variety of corporate clients. Our goal is to provide these clients with environmental, health and safety value-added services to enhance their corporate governance and management systems. We aim to assist clients in reducing environmental, health and safety risks and managing the residual risks associated with their operations in a mutually beneficial manner.
Our principal areas of practice include:
- Environment, health, and safety compliance
- Environmental, health, and safety management systems
- Quality management systems
Our client base is broad and includes the following industry types:
- Upstream oil and gas,
- Electrical utilities,
- Educational institutions,
- Financial institutions,
- Government, and
As an environment, health and safety (EHS) professional services provider, Argue and Associates Management Consultants, Inc. undertakes to provide the highest of quality services expected by our clients through:
- Being a leader in the provision of Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESHQ) management services;
- Continually improving our systems and approaches to service provision to meet our clients’ evolving needs;
- Providing employees with the knowledge and tools to carry out their assignments at the highest level;
- Providing project personnel appropriate for the task at hand;
- Complying with quality requirements identified by our clients or as required by regulatory or other governing bodies;
- Providing services within our scope of practice in a professional and ethical manner; and
- Reviewing and updating quality objectives on a regular basis to ensure that they are fulfilled and are appropriate to our scope of practice.
Safety, Health and Environment Policy
As an environment, health and safety (EHS) professional services provider, Argue and Associates Management Consultants, Inc. undertakes to protect the environment and the health and safety of employees by:
- Maintaining compliance woth applicables EHS legislation;
- Adhering to client specific EHS policies, programs and prodedures applicable to their facilities;
- Ensuring adequate EHS training of emlpoyees, associates and contractors;
- Operating in a sustainable manner to preserve the environment;
- Practicing due diligence in all of our activities to protect the environment and the health and safety of our employees, associates and contractors;
- Demonstrating active EHS leadership in all of our activities;
- Assessing the EHS risks associated with each of our projects, determining mitigatives measures and communicating these to our project teams; and
- Supporting a work ethic that promotes the health and wellness of our employees.
EHS Management Systems
EHS Management Systems focus on assisting clients with the development and implementation of an EHSMS that will meet the requirements of accepted standards such as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
We firmly believe that our clients must take an active part in their EHSMS development and implementation. Thus, our approach is to facilitate, or guide, the development and implementation processes.
Services in this area include: Initial EHS Reviews; Gap Analysis; Aspect/Hazard Identification; Policy and Procedure Writing; Training; Operational Control Assessments; Readiness Reviews; and Audits.
Our Principal Consultant is a certified EMS Lead Auditor through the CECAB. Clients we have assisted with the development and implementation of their EHSMS have been successfully certified.
EHS compliance services primarily focus on compliance auditing. Audits can be conducted for any number of reasons, but primarily are tools used in the establishment of due diligence.
Our approach to audits follows the industry accepted standards such as ISO 14010 and includes the use of proprietary software in the preparation of customized audit protocols and findings documentation.
Our approach is systematic and verifiable. Audits are conducted in a positive way and provide clients with a management action tool.
Our Principal Consultant, and your Audit Team Leader, is a Certified Environmental Auditor through the Auditing Association of Canada (AAC) (formerly the Canadian Environmental Auditing Association (CEAA)) – one of the first to be certified in Canada.
Argue and Associates Management Consultants, Inc. personnel have provided training services to a variety of audiences, around the world. Training programs have been developed for broad audiences, as well as to meet client specific training needs.
Training programs typically include a mix of lecture, group work and case studies.
Topics for which training has been provided are varied, but include: Environmental Site Assessment, Environmental Auditing, EMS Auditing, ISO 14001, Environmental Management Tools, etc.
Quality Management Services
Market pressures are enticing more companies to implement integrated, total quality management systems. These systems include not only EHS, but also quality. Most Quality Management Systems (QMSs) are based on the ISO 9000 standards.
We offer QMS services similar to those offered in EHSMS development and implementation, including gap analysis, facilitation/guidance of development and implementation, procedure writing, training and auditing.
Argue and Associates draws on the skills and expertise of a wide range of professional and technical Associate Consultants. All have relevant educational backgrounds and experience, as well as strong interpersonal and communications skills. Associate Consultants also have recognized professional and technical designations.
Shawna L. Argue MBA, P.Eng., EP(CEA), EP(EMSLA), FEC, FCSSE, FGC(Hon)
Shawna is a registered Professional Engineer in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia. She is a graduate of Industrial Systems Engineering , University of Regina (1987) and holds a Masters of Business Administration from Athabasca University (1999).
She is a Certified Environmental Auditor and Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor. She was among the first individuals in Canada to earn these qualifications. Shawna's experience covers a wide variety of industries both domestically and internationally.
Shawna is a Past-President of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) and holds the designation of Fellow of Engineers Canada and Fellow of the Canadian Society of Senior Engineers.
Rene Rong P.Eng.
Ms. Rong joined AAMC in March 2013. With a background in chemical engineering, she has over five (5) years of industry and consulting experience in the areas of environmental, health, safety (EHS), risk management, climate change and corporate social responsibility (CSR). Her knowledge and professional experience are across a broad range of industries, such as mining, manufacturing, oil & gas and power generation, as well as public sectors.
Argue and Associates Management Consultants, Inc. is based out of Regina, SK. Our services are provided to clients across Western Canada to various clients.